Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Come to Me alone!

You must perform your work without seeing yourself doing it!
You must give charity without any regard to it!

Your act of goodness, even though may looks good, is not worthy of Me to look at. So do not come to me with them!

In fact, if you come to me armed with your goods deeds, I will greet you with billing and calculations. If you come armed with your knowledge, it will be greeted with the demands! And if you come to me with ma'rifat, I will greet you with my “hujjah”, but surely my hujjah is invincible.

Get rid of any endeavor (ikhtiar), then I would remove my claim aginst you. Put aside your knowledge, your good deeds, your ma'rifat, your own characteristic (sifat), and your name (asma) and all thare is (when you visit me ), so that you meet Me alone.

When you come to Me, and still there is between Me and you one of those things, when I was the one who actually created them, and i have remove them from you because of my love to draw near to you, so do not take them all with you when you come to Me, if you are still so, they no longer remain any kindness from you.

If only you knew, when you are entering Me, surely you will even try to separate yourselves from the angels, although they all work together to help you, because of your doubts (there is helper beside Him). Then let not be any other helper beside Me.

Do not you step out the house without expecting my pleasure, because I am here waiting to be your guidance.

Meet Me in your loneliness, once or twice after your shalat, I will certainly look after you, day and night. I will keep watching over your heart, I will look after of your daily business, your will and expectation.

Do you know how you can came to see me alone? You should bear withness that you receive my guidance is because my generousity. Do not assume that you are forgiven because of your good deeds, nor beacuse of your knowledge.

Return to me all your books of knowledge, sent home your records of goods deeds, I will undoubtedly open my hands, I will made it to bear fruit with my blessing, and suffice for you my generousity. "

From Muhammad ibn al-Hasan an-Niffari ‘Al-Mawaqif wal Mukhtabat’

Leave behind your cleverness, O lover of God: go crazy instead. Become a moth: enter the flame! - Rumi

If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears - Glenn Clark

No comments: