Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

You are my Soul

"Even if it be after thousand years, these words will reach those for whom they're intended" - Rumi

Starting today this blog would start posting a series of poems by Yunus Emre, the turkish National poets. All these poems would carry the same theme, ie devine love, i found it really beautiful and simple. But the most important is the hidden message it carrying with each of the poems. The message is clearer for some while for others it might still find it hard.

There was an earlier posting of a poem by the same author. To take a look at them please click here

You are the soul of my soul, and
I have no peace without You,
If You are not in paradise, I swear
I will never even look up there.

Wherever I look my eyes see only You,
Whatever I say my words are only You,
My only desire is to be Your witness,
And yet I have no desire.

Traveling on my way to You,
I have forgotten myself already,
Whatever I say, whatever state I'm in,
Without You, I have no peace.

If You kill me and bring me back to life
Seventy times, like Cercis, just
Take me back to You again,
I have lost all my pride in Your love.

Yunus falls into Your love too,
So reveal Your face to him,
You are my only Beloved, my heart
Is in love with nothing but You.

Poem: By Yunus Emre

If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears - Glenn Clark

No comments: