Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

He Said


السعى لاكتشاف السر - من أنا؟

Today poem is by Rumi, notice what he said at the end of the poem where he claimed that the only way to benefit from this life is by keeping true to ourselves. We cannot be true to ourselves unless we know who we really are. This require us to know our true identity, and our true life purpose in this world. And yet when come to providing the answer to this questions, as usual Rumi can only give a vague idea about them...it is up to us to really search for the answer.

Those who seek will find them..وَالَّذِينَ جَاهَدُوا فِينَا لَنَهْدِيَنَّهُمْ سُبُلَنَا وَإِنَّ اللَّهَ لَمَعَ الْمُحْسِنِينَ - And those who strive in Our (cause),- We will certainly guide them to our Paths: For verily Allah is with those who do right. (Al-Ankabut: 69).

If we cannot find the answer to it, it only meant we are not serious enough, not hard enough with our searching and pursuit for the answer. Only those wo really seek will find them. Those who found them will remain silent and say very little..except to those who is ready to hear the truth.

As narrated by Abu Huraira:  I have memorized two kinds of knowledge from Allah's Apostle . I have propagated one of them to you and if I propagated the second, then my pharynx (throat) would be cut (i.e. killed). Source from here: Volume 1, Book 3, Number 121:

The second type of knowledge is the secret knowledge, knowledge of the path to know our trueself. A road that could only be traveled by the brave one with a fearless heart.

HE SAID
He said, "Who is at my door?"
I said, "Your humble servant."
He said, "What business do you have?"
I said, "To greet you, 0 Lord."
He said, "How long will you journey on?"
I said, "Until you stop me."
He said, "How long will you boil in the fire?"
I said, "Until I am pure.
"This is my oath of love.
For the sake of love
I gave up wealth and position."
He said, "You have pleaded your case
but you have no witness."
I said, "My tears are my witness;
the pallor of my face is my proof.'
He said, "Your witness has no credibility;
your eyes are too wet to see."
I said, "By the splendor of your justice
my eyes are clear and faultless."
He said, "What do you seek?"
I said, "To have you as my constant friend."
He said, "What do you want from me?"
I said, "Your abundant grace."
He said, "Who was your companion on the journey?
I said, "The thought of you, 0 King."
He said, "What called you here?"
I said, "The fragrance of your wine."
He said, "What brings you the most fulfillment? "
I said, "The company of the Emperor."
He said, "What do you find there?"
I said, "A hundred miracles."
He said, "Why is the palace deserted?"
I said, "They all fear the thief."
He said, "Who is the thief?"
I said, "The one who keeps me from -you.
He said, "Where is there safety?"
I said, "In service and renunciation. "
He said, "What is there to renounce?"
I said, "The hope of salvation."
He said, "Where is there calamity?"
I said, "In the presence of your love."
He said, "How do you benefit from this life?"
I said, "By keeping true to myself
Now it is time for silence.
If I told you about His true essence
You would fly from your self and be gone,
and neither door nor roof could hold you back!
Poem by: Maulana Jallaluddin Rumi
Source of picture is from here

If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears - Glenn Clark

No comments: