Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thankfullness


Allah Swt says in the Holy Quran :

If you are thankful, I will surely give you more; but if you are ungrateful, My punishment is terrible indeed. (14:7)

This is reinforced by the traditional report, transmitted on the authority of 'Ata' (may Allah be well pleased with him), who said: "I entered the presence of 'A'isha (may Allah be well pleased with her), and said: 'Tell us about the most amazing experience you ever had in the company of Allah's Messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace).'

She wept at first, but then she said: 'Was there anything at all about him that was not a marvelous wonder? He came to me one night, and snuggled up beside me in my bed until his skin was touching my skin. But then he said: 'O daughter of Abu Bakr, let me go, so that I may devote myself to the worship of my Lord.'

"She said: ' So I told him: "I love your nearness, but I prefer to respect your dearest wish." I therefore allowed him to take his leave of me. So he got up, found a skin container full of water, and performed his ritual ablution. Then he stood up, and started to perform the night prayer. He wept as he did so, until his tears were streaming down onto his chest. Then he performed ruku', and shed more tears. Then he performed sujud, and again he wept. Then he raised his head, and wept still more. He went on like this until Bilal (may Allah be well pleased with him) arrived on the scene, and so he told him about the fajr prayer.

"'I then said: "O Messenger of Allah, what causes you to weep, when Allah has forgiven you your earlier and later sins?" To this he replied:

"Should I not be a thankful servant? Why should I not do it, since Allah has sent down to me the words of revelation:
Surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day, and the ship that runs upon the sea with that which is of use to human beings, and the water which Allah sends down from the sky, thereby reviving the earth after its death, and dispersing all kinds of beasts therein, and the distribution of the winds, and the clouds set in orderly array between heaven and earth-surely there are signs for people who can understand. (2:164) "
Let us be more thankfull to Allah for all  nikmah and blessing He granted us since our coming to the world to these days.

If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears - Glenn Clark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Day i'm fresh on here. I stumbled upon this board I have found It absolutely accommodating and its helped me tons. I hope to contribute and assist other users like its helped me.

Thanks Everyone, See Ya Around.

Anonymous said...

Hi-ya i'm new here, I came upon this board I have found It incredibly helpful and its helped me out alot. I should be able to give something back and support other people like its helped me.

Thank's, See Ya Later.

Rbin said...

Appreciate your comment and happy to know that you like them. I know this blog would reach to those it intended as God the Merciful will.

May be you can also become a follower to this blog.

May be we can share something here.